Monday, June 25, 2012

Joshua Fit the Battle of Jericho: Craft Idea

As you know in this story they march around the walls of Jericho sounding trumpets/horns and shouting for seven days.  A good craft for pre-school aged children is to make a horn for them to use at the parts in the story where a horn is mentioned. 


Supplies Needed:
- Markers
- Scissors 
- Tape 
- "Gold" (Yellow) paper 




First:
Allow the kids to decorate their trumpet any which way they choose to, or if you want you can have them make it really look like a trumpet.


Next:
Roll up into a cone shape and place a piece of tape on the bottom part to hold it together.  Also, it is good to put take around the mouth part to keep the kids from getting the end wet and soggy from spit.  (I didn't think it would be a problem, but some of my kids really liked to put the whole end in their mouths). 


Then I used our carpets as the edges of the walls of Jericho and had half of my kids line up as the wall, while the other half marched around and blew their trumpet at the appropriate times.  Then I switched so everyone got a turn.  


They LOVED it! 




Please feel free to comment with any questions or concerns! (: 

3 comments:

Katie
March 9, 2013 at 6:14 PM

I really like this idea as a quick and easy activity for my Kindergarten Sunday School class. It's low prep and still very effective. Thank you for sharing!

Unknown
April 28, 2016 at 10:03 PM

Thank you so much for the simple idea! I'm definitely going to use this on Sunday for our kids!

Post a Comment